Thursday, June 13, 2013

Summertime, Summertime

Summer in Houston: is there a better excuse to stay indoors and Needlepoint?  I think not!  I have made a valiant effort on the stocking for Henry, but I have found myself distracted by a couple of other things!  Kit Two of Tudors arrived and it has been great fun so far.  I have completed the blackwork on the burgundy background and this weekend will attack the black and gold band on the side.  I read the instructions tonight and was thoroughly confused by them, so, I decided it was time to quit for the evening.

Ruth Schmuff's Mystery Class Aquamarine is coming along well.  I finished the seahorse (which I love) and started on the basketweave for the hair.  Next will come couching the wonder ribbon....yikes!

And, I am rolling right along on my Keep Calm and Needlepoint canvas.  I ran out of thread tonight, but should be able to finish it next week since I will wait to finish the next section of the Tudors before I come back to it.

All this to say that I have NEVER had so many projects actively working at the same time.  I actually like it much more than I ever thought I would.  Very odd, indeed, but the distraction of each one is nice.

Will take some pictures before I post next time!  This is pretty boring, I know!


1 comment:

  1. Very impressed with your progress on all. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete