Friday, December 5, 2014

Away Goes the Manger!

Complete!  I have been waiting to start this creche scene from Kelly Clark since it arrived (let's not even say what year it was!).  I think it is a beautiful canvas, but more over, the stitches that Amy Bunger chose for this piece are really wonderful.  I started the creche on March 2nd of this year, but it kept getting sidelined for stockings, poison bottles and the like.  I took the last stitch on October 13 and it is one of the first times that I have been sad to see a project end.  While I am thrilled to have finished it, I really loved working on it.  There were a few parts that vexed me, but all in all, I am quite happy with the way that it turned out.

I have really loved the background on this set and so I started with that and then moved onto the scene itself.

Bethlehem's buildings first, then some of the grass


The grass has all grown in and these "broad leaf plants" must be addressed!


Starting in on the wood manger 



 The hay rack was very intimidating, but in the end it worked out just fine.

I am so happy with this finished product!  It is, completed, one of my favorite projects ever.  I loved having it for my Christmas decor for 2014!


1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous that you are finished! YOU have inspired me to get back to it!

    ReplyDelete