Sunday, May 20, 2012

On a Journey with a Camel and his Handler!

Is it odd that I find myself very thirsty while stitching this camel?  I think it is odd, indeed.  The study weekend proved to be a great opportunity for stitching!  I completed all three of the bottom borders on the camel and all of the grid work no the background of the piece.   I am almost totally finished with the Handler and anxious to start no the camel proper!

I think if I am able to work on this a good amount of time this week, I will finish it.

Then, I think we can all agree that we know what must happen next.  I must dive in full throttle to the stocking for Henry.  I guess that I subscribe to the "if I say it enough times, it will become true".  As Dr. Phil would say, "How's that working' for ya?"  My results are less than impressive.

Children have finals all this week and I am going to be running around to get them to and from each day. Soon, I will be missing these days when they are off to college and beyond.  But, at this moment, conversion of a bedroom to a stitching room seems like a dream situation.  Why is it when we are busy, we ache for time to slow down (stitch), yet, when we have time, we are often feeling lonely.....I crave the perfect balance....it is as they say, "the human condition".

More stitching to be completed tonight.....back to the camel and handler!

No comments:

Post a Comment